Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Mary-Mex Crab Dip, from Pati’s Mexican Table Season 7, Episode 13 "Mex’d Up American Regional Favorites"
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chiles toreados, chopped and drained
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked through to remove any shells
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Crackers, crostini, or chips for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, stir together the crema, mayonnaise, ¼ cup of Cotija cheese, Muenster cheese, lime juice, Worcestershire and cayenne until combined.
Fold in the chiles, crab meat, and the white and light green parts of the scallions (reserve the rest for garnish), being careful not to break the crab up too much.
Transfer the mixture to an oven safe dish. Sprinkle remaining Cotija cheese on the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until it is bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle on the reserved scallions. Serve with crostini, crackers or chips.