- 2 ripe Mexican avocados halved, pitted and meat scooped out
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema Latin-style cream, crème fraîche, or sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt or more to taste
- 2 heads boston lettuce leaves separated, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple, or other candied fruits like papaya or mango
- 1/2 cup spicy pumpkin seeds (recipe below)
- Combine the avocado, milk, cream, garlic, lime juice and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Place the lettuce in a generous-sized serving bowl, and toss with the dressing until the leaves are lightly coated. Sprinkle with the pineapple and pumpkin seeds and serve.