Dulce de Leche Ricotta Pancakes
Rate this recipe
- 1 cup ricotta or requesón cheese
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche or Cajeta
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Butter or vegetable oil to cook pancakes
- confectioners' sugar
- Fruit of your choice such as berries, mango or bananas
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, Dulce de Leche and eggs until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix well until completely incorporated. Lastly, add the lime juice and zest, mix again.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat for at least 5 minutes. Once hot, add enough butter or oil to cover surface. Ladle ¼ cup pancake batter per pancake, cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the second side. Serve sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar and fruit of your choice.