This is one of the quickest recipes that I have come up with.
It was just as quick to come up with it, as it was quick to make it.
It was sheer craving: I imagined it to accompany the Potato, Sweet Potato and Granny Smith Latkes, but you can use it to complement so many other things.
It just mixes the already salty and tangy Mexican Cream with the crunchy chopped fennel bulb, fragrant fennel fronds, fresh-squeezed lime juice and salt.
Hey: You may also use it as a vegetable dip, why not?
Fennel and Lime Crema
Rate this recipe
- 1 cup Mexican style cream
- 1/2 cup finely diced fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon fennel fronds chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Done!