- 8 cups water
- 2 cups dried hibiscus/jamaica flowers (about 2-3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a 6- or 8-quart saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add flowers, stir and simmer over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool a bit.
- Strain mixture into a large container (with a lid to cover later), and add the sugar and lime juice. Stir until well-dissolved.
- Once the concentrate has cooled, cover well and refrigerate. It will keep in the refrigerator for months.