Honey Ginger Margarita
Rate this recipe
For the honey ginger syrup:
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- ½ cup water
For the margarita:
- Salt to rim the glass
- Crushed ice to put in the glass
- 2 ounces Gran Centenario® Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Lime wedge for garnish
To make the honey ginger syrup:
- Add the honey, ginger, and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat to medium low and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature and strain before using.
To make the margarita:
- Rim a glass by dipping it into honey ginger syrup and then into salt. Add crushed ice to the glass.
- In a shaker add the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and 1 ounce of the honey ginger syrup. Shake until well mixed. Pour into the rimmed glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.