Jamaica Popsicles recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 1, Episode 6 “Hibiscus Flowers”
To make Jamaica Concentrate (makes about 5 cups):
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups, about 2-3 ounces, dried hibiscus flowers, depending on how tightly you pack the cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, or to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
To make Jamaica Popsicles:
- 2 cups hibiscus flower/jamaica concentrate
- 3/4 cup mango, peeled, pitted diced
- Chocolate morsels to taste, optional
- Shredded coconut to taste, optional
- For adult fun you can make them grown up and add some Rum!
To make the concentrate:
In a saucepan, pour 8 cups of water and place over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, add the jamaica flowers, simmer at medium heat for 10 minutes and turn off the heat. When cool, strain into a heat proof glass or plastic water jar. Add the sugar and lime juice, mix well, cover and refrigerate.
To make the popsicles:
Pour 2 cups of jamaica concentrate into 8, 4 ounce molds. Add pieces of mango, chocolate and coconut. Place in freezer until set and frozen, about 4 to 5 hours. Enjoy!