- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin about 2 tablespoons
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups cubed mango fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced fresh mango or berries (optional for garnish)
- Pour 1 cup lukewarm water into a medium heatproof bowl and add 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin. Stir and let rest until mixture puffs up, it will increase slightly in volume, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a small saucepan (that can hold the heatproof bowl) with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Place bowl with the gelatin mixture on top the saucepan, creating a water bath or double boiler. Let the bowl rest there, stirring occasionally, until gelatin completely dissolves, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a blender along with the mango chunks and lime juice, puree until completely smooth. Add the diluted gelatin and blend on low speed for a few seconds to combine. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Let it begin to set as you whip up the cream.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until it holds soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream with the mango gelatin until fully combined.
- Pour into individual gelatin molds or ramekins, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled and set, at least an hour. Alternatively you can pour it onto a container, and let it chill and spoon onto bowls later.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and decorate with diced fresh mango or berries of your choice, if desired. Or if chilled in a large bowl, spoon onto individual bowls.