Rate this recipe
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin about 2 tablespoons
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups cubed mango fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced fresh mango or berries (optional for garnish)
- Pour 1 cup lukewarm water into a medium heatproof bowl and add 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin. Stir and let rest until mixture puffs up, it will increase slightly in volume, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a small saucepan (that can hold the heatproof bowl) with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Place bowl with the gelatin mixture on top the saucepan, creating a water bath or double boiler. Let the bowl rest there, stirring occasionally, until gelatin completely dissolves, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a blender along with the mango chunks and lime juice, puree until completely smooth. Add the diluted gelatin and blend on low speed for a few seconds to combine. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Let it begin to set as you whip up the cream.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until it holds soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream with the mango gelatin until fully combined.
- Pour into individual gelatin molds or ramekins, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled and set, at least an hour. Alternatively you can pour it onto a container, and let it chill and spoon onto bowls later.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and decorate with diced fresh mango or berries of your choice, if desired. Or if chilled in a large bowl, spoon onto individual bowls.
39comments inMango Puff
Made the Mango Puff but used peaches instead. It was such a big hit and so refreshing and delicious.
Will make it again. Thanks for all your delicious recipes.
Great idea Maria, so glad it was a hit!
Thank you, my Grandchildren love Mango Puff.
Awesome, hugs to them and to you Anna!
Pati..I just Love your recipes..very easy…you explain them so well..i will be making the Mango Puff soon for my kids..I also Love your Interactions with your family..You are so full of Love and Care so much for them all…It is Incredible in today’s world. Thank You Sweet Girl…Getting your cookbook soon too…Keep up the Great work. Enjoy you so much…
Thanks for so much kindness Asia, you are very sweet 🙂 I hope you and the kids enjoy the Mango Puff, abrazos to all!
I love everything that you cook and everything that you make to drink I just love watching you you’re so down to earth and so enjoy watching you on TV and looking at your recipes on Facebook thank you
Thanks so much Debbie, you are way too kind, un abrazo!
I just made this with peaches. I would have loved mango, but our mangoes aren’t ripe yet and our peaches are super juicy summer ripe today, and I was impatient to make this now. It’s SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS! I’m going to keep this in my quick dessert repertoire and can’t wait to do this again with mangoes when they ripen. Thank you for giving us so much inspiration!
Awesome Liz, peaches are perfect in this recipe too, enjoy!
Another amazing recipe Patti! I’m glad you don’t include the calories in your recipes 😂 this one is worth every one!
Thanks R! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
I can’t wait to try this! Mango is one of three daughters favorite fruit! As soon as we get out of this quarantine! We’re waiting for results on one of my other daughters!🙏🏼🕊
Good luck Gigi, hope the results come out negative and everyone is OK, hugs to all!
Can’t wait to try mango puff. We have 5 mango trees here in south Florida. and I am always searching for ways to use an abundance of mangos.
Oh how lucky to have so many mango trees, Karla! Hope you love the Mango Puff.
How much does each serving make? 1/2 cup?
It depends on the glasses you use…I usually use a 6-8 oz glass or ramekin.
West Coast fan
Thank you for your yummy recipe, it has now become a must have at our gatherings, thanks a million!!!! I have made them with papaya and they are amazing!!!!
So happy to hear this. Thank YOU!
Thank you, my family love this desert👍
Can I freeze this?
Yes you can Mary!
What is a good substitute for the gelatin? Would chia work and how much? Agar agar?
I have heard agar agar works very well, but I haven’t tried it myself…
Just made this recipe with mangoes I froze when they were in season. Pati, your program is one of my most favorite cooking shows – lovely host, delicious recipes. Others in my family appreciate it, too. The first time my sister kept her three year old grandson overnight, he was missing his mom, so she asked him what they could do to make him feel better. He said, “Let’s watch a cooking show.” They turned on the TV and found an episode of “Pati’s Mexican Table” airing. This darling child found the additional comfort he needed, and made it through his first overnight away from mom just fine.
This warms my heart, Kathy!!! =)
Made the mango puffs yesterday, since mangos are on season here in CA, and I loved them. Love watching your show!!!
Thank you so much for tuning in and for trying the recipe! Mmmm fresh mangoes!
I’m from Indonesia, and this episode just came out last week (or maybe I just happened to watch it..hihihiii), anyway…can you share the youtube link for this recipe/episode.
Thank a lot pati,
I don’t have a video link for the recipe but you can contact your local station and ask them to play it! Will try to post a video soon. Thank you so much for tuning in! =)
Hi Pati! My 11 year old daughter and I just found your program this summer and absolutely love you! You and your recipes are great! My daughter, Kristin, made the mango puff and we sandwiched some between graham crackers and froze them. Very yummy “ice cream” sandwiches!
Hola Nellie, Thank you so much for watching! Great idea to make the mango puff into “ice cream” sandwiches!!
what other fruits could you substitute for the maango
So many! Apricots, peaches, papaya, berries, passionfruit, guava, mamey… your pick!
Thank you for your fantastic program I look forward every weekend to watch you I wish the program was in the air every day I have learned so much from your cooking I love it . I am salvadorean I love your food I wish I can eat it while I watch you show . I admire you and your wonderful family you are an inspiration. God bless you.
Same to you, Paola, thank you so much for watching.
Thank you Pati for the nice dessert recipe.