Morelia-Style Fruit Salad
Rate this recipe
- 2 cups peeled and diced ripe mango
- 2 cups peeled and diced pineapple
- 2 cups peeled and diced jícama
- 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup finely crumbled queso Cotija or substitute queso fresco, mild feta, dried ricotta or Romano cheese
- To taste kosher or coarse sea salt
- To taste dried ground piquín chile or Mexican dried ground chile
To make individual gazpachos:
- In a cup, add a layer of mango, pineapple, jícama, a tablespoon of onion, a tablespoon of queso; then another layer of mango, pineapple, jícama, and another tablespoon of queso. Pour in 1/2 cup orange juice, a tablespoon of lime juice, and sprinkle salt and ground chile to taste. Repeat to make 6 individual cups.
To make for all:
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl to your taste!