Mushroom Tacos with Chile de Árbol Salsa
Rate this recipe
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves roughly chopped
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms such as maitake, crimini, shitake, sliced into ¾ inch pieces
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Chile de Árbol Salsa plus more to serve
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves and upper stems, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 6 warm corn or flour tortillas
- Cilantro flowers to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the garlic and thyme and once the garlic begins to just lightly brown around the edges, add the mushrooms. Let them cook for 3 minutes, then stir and season with salt. Again, let them sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, or as needed, allowing any liquid to cook off and until they are deeply browned. Once browned, stir in the chile de árbol salsa and cook for one minute while stirring, so the mushrooms absorb the flavor. Stir in the vinegar and the chopped cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Spoon onto warm corn tortillas and garnish with cilantro and/or cilantro flowers, if using. Serve with extra chile de árbol salsa.