Mushroom Tacos with Chile de Árbol Salsa
Rate this recipe
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves roughly chopped
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms such as maitake, crimini, shitake, sliced into ¾ inch pieces
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Chile de Árbol Salsa plus more to serve
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves and upper stems, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 6 warm corn or flour tortillas
- Cilantro flowers to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the garlic and thyme and once the garlic begins to just lightly brown around the edges, add the mushrooms. Let them cook for 3 minutes, then stir and season with salt. Again, let them sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, or as needed, allowing any liquid to cook off and until they are deeply browned. Once browned, stir in the chile de árbol salsa and cook for one minute while stirring, so the mushrooms absorb the flavor. Stir in the vinegar and the chopped cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Spoon onto warm corn tortillas and garnish with cilantro and/or cilantro flowers, if using. Serve with extra chile de árbol salsa.
19comments inMushroom Tacos with Chile de Árbol Salsa
Pati ! Just found your site!!! Time to start cooking again!!! Mucha gracious!!!
So happy you found it, have fun!
Micky Hawthorne firstname.lastname@example.org
Looks and sounds delicious, I will try it
Pati you are the best! This vegetarian option is awesome and I cannot wait to try it!
One of my favorites as well!
Probably a stupid question, it says this recipe is vegetarian, why isn’t it vegan?
You are right Brenda, this one actually qualifies as vegan!
Hey Pati.. thanks for everything!
Thanks to you for following Randall 😉
Can you provide the de Arbol Red Salsa
With pleasure, here you go 🙂 https://patijinich.com/chile-de-arbol-salsa-verde/
I managed to put together Pati’s wonderful chile de arbol salsita by watching the episode, timestamped at 14:53.
Pati, Yo hago mis tacos de hongos con mucho ajo, cebolla, jitomate fresco picado, epazote y chile serrano.
No hay nada mejor que esto para los que nos gusta la verdura de infinitos modos.
Ay si! Que rico Velia, gracias por compartir tu receta, un abrazo!
Hello Pati! I remember watching this episode on my laptop when it came out. However, I think the Chile de Arbol salsa was red? On your website, the recipe is for salsa verde. I’m probably just imagining things. I just love your show, and I’m looking forward to more episodes!
You are absolutely correct Maria, in the Episode I made a Chile de Arbol Salsita with tomatoes and the recipe here goes with a Chile de Arbol Salsa Verde 🙂
Regina A Edwards