- Jamaica Concentrate (makes about 5 cups):
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups dried hibiscus or jamaica flowers, about 2-3 ounces, depending on how tightly you pack the cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar or to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice or to taste
- Jamaica Water:
- 1 cup Jamaica Concentrate above
- 3 to 4 cups water
- To make the concentrate: In a saucepan, pour 8 cups of water and place over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, add the jamaica flowers, simmer at medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes and turn off the heat. Let it cool down and strain into a heat proof glass or plastic water jar. Add the sugar and lime juice, mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- It will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 months.
- When ready to serve, dilute 1 cup concentrate with 3 to 4 cups water, or to your liking, and some ice cubes.