- 1/4 cup pepitas or raw and hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 7 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup (packed) coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and upper stems, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons (packed) coarsely chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and meat scooped out
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 pound (about 2) chayote squash, peeled and julienned
- 1 pound (about 2) tart green apples, peeled and julienned
- 1 jicama, peeled and julienned
- In a small pan set over low-medium heat, toast the pepitas, stirring occasionally, until they start making popping sounds and are very lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- For the avocado dressing, in the jar of a blender, add 1/2 cup of water and the oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, dill, avocado, pepper, salt, mustard, and the toasted pepitas, and puree until completely smooth.
- In a bowl, toss the julienned chayote squash, apple, and jícama with the avocado dressing. Garnish with some cilantro and dill and serve.