Chile de Árbol Salsa Verde
Rate this recipe
- 2 pounds tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 4 chiles de árbol stemmed
- 1 thin slice of white onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- Place the tomatillos on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Roast and char for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping in between, until completely charred, juicy and softened. Alternatively, char them on a grill or a hot comal.
- Transfer to a blender along with chiles de árbol, a thin slice of white onion and salt. Puree until smooth.