Chile Verde Guacamole Recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 9 Episode, 4 "Carne Asada con La Familia"
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and upper part of stems
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, meat scooped out
- 1 chile verde, such as Anaheim, Fresno or New Mexico, roasted or charred, stemmed, peeled and diced
Combine the serrano chile, cilantro, onion, and salt in a bowl or a molcajete and mash and mix together. Add the avocado and mash and mix together. Add the roasted, diced Anaheim chile and stir and mash until the ingredients are nicely incorporated. Taste, adjust salt, and serve.