Chile Verde Guacamole
Rate this recipe
- 1 serrano chile finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and upper part of stems
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt or to taste
- 3 ripe avocados halved, pitted, meat scooped out
- 1 chile verde such as Anaheim, Fresno or New Mexico, roasted or charred, stemmed, peeled and diced
- Combine the serrano chile, cilantro, onion, and salt in a bowl or a molcajete and mash and mix together. Add the avocado and mash and mix together. Add the roasted, diced Anaheim chile and stir and mash until the ingredients are nicely incorporated. Taste, adjust salt, and serve.
20comments inChile Verde Guacamole
I love your recipes. Thanks for sharing ❤️
My pleasure Cecilia!
Enjoyed the best Chile Verde Guacamole EVER. Love your ideas and recipes.
So happy you did, thanks so much Sam!
Always add a splash of white vinegar
Awesome, great idea!
The best guacamole ever
YAY! Delighted you liked it Alan 😉
Can You send me some and get it here by Half Time
You can do it Mrs. PATI , maybe by next SUPER BOWL ?
Haha, I think I am already late Earl 🙂
This is a lovely alternative to my usual tomato, lime, garlic guacamole recipe; and so easy!
So glad you liked it Karen 😉
I’ve made this guacamole 3 times now, it’s amazing and totally changes my perspective on different kinds of guacamole. All of your recipes I’ve tried are just wonderful!
SO glad to read your message Brielle, thank you!!!!
I can’t wait to try this, looks delish
Hope you enjoy it Brenda 😉
Loved her shows on PBS. Not on this channel anymore what gives?
Hello Elaine, the public tv stations are currently in pledge weeks so that could be why you’re not seeing the show on Saturdays. Season 9 should return as regularly scheduled on Dec. 26. Remember that if you have Amazon Prime, you can stream seasons 3 to 9 over their platform. Thanks for your patience 😉