Jalapeño Garlic Crispy Potatoes
Rate this recipe
- 3 pounds red bliss potatoes rinsed, cut into bite size chunks
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher or sea salt divided, more to taste
- 7 cloves of garlic pressed or finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño stemmed and finely chopped (keep the seeds)
- Set a rack on the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the potatoes in 9”x13” baking dish. Toss with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and a teaspoon of the salt. Roast for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with the garlic, jalapeño, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, mix well.
- After 45 minutes, remove potatoes them from the oven and toss with the jalapeño mix, scraping the bottom of the baking dish as you do. Mix well and place back in the oven for another 35 minutes, flipping and scraping once in between, until completely crisped up. Serve.