- 2 jalapeño chiles
- 4 scallions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, meat scooped out and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Char the jalapeños and scallions on a preheated comal or skillet over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, flipping often, until completely charred, wrinkled and softened. You can also do this under the broiler.
- Once nicely softened and charred, slice the jalapeños and scallions and place in a medium bowl with the soy sauce and lime juice. Stir and let marinate for at least 10 minutes, this makes for matador chiles or chiles toreados.
- In a medium bowl or in a molcajete, mash the avocados. Mix in the matador chiles, scallions, 1/4 cup of the soy and lime mixture (reserve the remaining 1/4 cup for the milanesa torta if making), and the cilantro.