- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and halved
- 1 ripe Mexican avocado, halved, pitted, meat scooped out
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and top part of stems
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt, or to taste
- Combine the tomatillos, avocado, onion, cilantro, chile (you can add half of the chile first, and add more if you want more heat…) and salt in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.