Carrot and Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Rate this recipe
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick coins
- 1 sweet potato peeled, quartered, and sliced into 1/4-inch thick triangles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 2 dried chiles de arbol thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, put the rack in the top third position.
- Place carrots and sweet potatoes on baking sheet and toss with oil, salt and chiles.
- Spread into a single layer and roast for 15-20 minutes until crisply and lightly browned, turning vegetables halfway through. Sprinkle with more salt to taste if needed. Serve right away.
6comments inCarrot and Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Pat White. 6/3/22
Wonderful! Great side dish and easy to make
Isn’t it really easy? So glad you enjoyed it Pat 🙂
Hi Pati. Would ground ancho be a good substitute for the Chile’s de Arbol ?
Hi Ed, the thing is that Chile de Arbol is hot and spicy while Ancho tends to be milder and kind of sweet. So if you don’t mind losing the heat, yes, you can go with Anchos. If you want at least some spiciness, then try Chipotles. Enjoy!
Could you do this with any veggie? I don’t like chiles so I would leave them out but my sister & I have bought what look like freeze dried veggies at a fair & I always wondered how they made them. They just had salt & the veggies. I loved them! Thanks for this! I have some organic carrots I would love to try this with but I’m not a sweet potato fan. I’d like to try green beans which I have had also & maybe peas. Would it work the same?
Go ahead and give it a try Gail. I think zucchini would be pretty good as well!