Dressed Up Mexican Beer
Rate this recipe
- 1 beer mug chilled
- Kosher or sea salt for coating the rim
- 1 lime wedge
- Ice cubes (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 beer preferably Mexican, chilled
- Dash of hot sauce like Tabasco Cholula or Valentina (optional)
- Dash of a salty sauce like soy sauce Worcestershire or Maggi Sauce (optional)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Pinch of kosher or coarse sea salt (optional)
- Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub the rim of a chilled beer mug with the lime wedge and dip the rim gently into the salt to coat. Place the ice cubes, if using, into the mug. If making a basic michelada, add the lime juice on top of the ice, then pour in the beer.
- If making a michelada especial, salt the rim of a chilled beer mug as directed above, then place the optional ingredients, to taste, into the mug. Stir the mixture lightly then pour in the beer.
4comments inDressed Up Mexican Beer
Can’t wait to make your sliders, love what you cook.
Thank you! I hope you do try them!!
Love your show…I am an 80yr good cook
Love to cook…..recipes are doable…I have tried many of them… I feel like I get a visit from a sweet friend when I watch your show…thank you…God bless you
Gracias for your lovely message, Sylvia