Dressed Up Mexican Beer
Rate this recipe
- 1 beer mug chilled
- Kosher or sea salt for coating the rim
- 1 lime wedge
- Ice cubes (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 beer preferably Mexican, chilled
- Dash of hot sauce like Tabasco Cholula or Valentina (optional)
- Dash of a salty sauce like soy sauce Worcestershire or Maggi Sauce (optional)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Pinch of kosher or coarse sea salt (optional)
- Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub the rim of a chilled beer mug with the lime wedge and dip the rim gently into the salt to coat. Place the ice cubes, if using, into the mug. If making a basic michelada, add the lime juice on top of the ice, then pour in the beer.
- If making a michelada especial, salt the rim of a chilled beer mug as directed above, then place the optional ingredients, to taste, into the mug. Stir the mixture lightly then pour in the beer.