Orange and Piloncillo Adobo Pork Roast Pizza
Rate this recipe
- 1 batch '00' Flour Pizza Dough
- 1⅓ cup Orange Piloncillo Adobo Pizza Sauce
- 1 pound (4 cups) shredded Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese divided
- 3 cups shredded Orange and Piloncillo Adobo Pork Roast
- ½ cup grated Cotija cheese divided
- ½ cup sliced pickled jalapeños divided, or to taste
- 1 ripe avocado halved, pitted, sliced
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 500℉.
- Working with one ball of pizza dough at a time, place on a generously floured countertop. Stretch the dough into a 12-inch circle, by pressing it from the center and pushing it to the edges as you go in a circular motion, leaving a rim around the edge. Then stretch it to make a round. Transfer to a floured pizza stone or baking sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes until the top has browned and started to create pockets of air. Don’t turn off your oven.
- Spread about ⅔ of the pizza sauce onto each pizza crust. Top each pizza with 1 cup Oaxaca cheese, 1½ cups shredded pork roast, and cover with another cup of Oaxaca cheese. Lastly, top each with ¼ cup Cotija cheese and ¼ cup sliced pickled jalapeños, or to taste. Place the pizzas back in the oven for another 8 to 9 minutes until the cheeses are completely melted. Remove from the oven, slice, and serve topped with slices of ripe avocado.