Argentinian Chorizo and Carne Asada Torta
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Clean the grill grates by rubbing them with half or a quarter of a white onion. Brush the skirt steak with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Once the grill is hot, add the skirt steak. Cook for about 4 minutes per side for medium, or more or less depending on desired doneness. Once cooked, transfer to a chopping board and cover with aluminum foil until ready to slice.
- Place the chorizos on the cooler sides of the grill, or on the second level of indirect cooking if your grill has one, and cook them for about 15 minutes, turning a couple times in between. Remove when ready.
- When ready to make the tortas, cut the skirt steak into strips of about 2 inches, then slice each of the strips into thin pieces against the grain and set aside. Slice the chorizos in half from tip to tip.
- Place the bread on the grill for about a minute per side. Spread a couple tablespoons of the Frijoles con Veneno on the bottom half, top with a generous amount of the skirt steak and a sliced chorizo. Garnish with slices of avocado and copious amounts of Chimichurri Mexa.